- Charyn Canyon "Valley of the Castles"
- Moon (Yellow) Valley
Give yourself an unforgettable experience of visiting the mysterious Charyn canyon. The canyon is composed of sedimentary rocks that are more than 12 million years old.
The most known and popular object is the “Valley of the Castles”, one of the side canyons of Charyn river. This is completed the ensemble of “palaces”, “towers” and ”minarets” formed by Pliocene deposits of red color, due to which this place is also called the Red Canyon. The canyon has a length of about 2.5 kilometers and a depth of 150 meters.
Moon (Yellow) Valley is less known and therefore less visited than the Valley of the Castles, but it is the same natural masterpiece. The slopes of the canyon are composed of yellow sediment, that's why it is also called Yellow canyon. Wind and water erosion created amazing architectural forms from sedimentary rocks of yellow color, resembling yurts set n a row.
In the canyon, the remains of a primitive man and stone tools were found, also fossils of the Jurassic period are found in exposed rocks.
• Not recommended for travelers with serious medical conditions;
• Not recommended for pregnant women;
• Not recommended for travelers who can not withstand long trips by car and long walks;
• Travelers should have at least a low physical fitness level.