Big Almaty Lake and Almaty city full-day tour
Route length: City and natural sightseeing
Best time to travel: April - October
Days of the week: PRIVATE tours - any day except Mondays; GROUP tours - according to the relevant schedule
Price: Temporarily unavailable
- Big Almaty Lake
- Almaty History Museum
- Monument of Independence
- Monument to Abay
- Kazakhstan Hotel
- Kazakh Academy of Science
- State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater
- Former Government House of the Kazakh SSR
- 28 Panfilov’s Guardsmen park
- Ascension Cathedral
- Memorial of Glory
- Green Bazaar
- Almaty Chocolate factory brand shop
Almaty is rich for different city attractions like historical and cultural objects, museums and parks. When starting your trip to Almaty, it is very important to learn the history of the city and visit significant places that are the hallmark of the city. In this regard, we specially developed for you the Almaty city overview tour, in which we put together the city sights that are most remarkable and important for Almaty and people. The tour involves the excursion in Almaty History Museum, drive through the business and old city center, and visiting of the most popular natural attraction in the vicinity of Almaty - the Big Almaty Lake.
The turquoise surface of the Big Almaty Lake shines among the majestic Trans-Ili Alatau mountains at an altitude of 2500 m above sea level. As a result of the earthquake, the mountains formed a gorgeous lake, the beauty of which will forever remain in your heart and which has long been one of the symbols of Almaty.
• Not recommended for pregnant women;
• Not recommended for travelers with high/low blood pressure;
• Travelers should have at least a low physical fitness level.
09:00 Hotel pick-up for PRIVATE tours and Starting point pick-up for GROUP tours (click here to see location)
09:00 - 10:30 Drive to Big Almaty Lake
10:30 - 12:00 Walking around and going down to the lakeshore
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch in the restaurant of Kazakh national cuisine
14:00 - 17:00 Almaty city overview:
- Excursion in Almaty History Museum
- Ride through the business and old city center
- Visiting of the Monument of Independence, Monument to Abay, Kazakhstan Hotel, Kazakh Academy of Science, State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater, Former Government House of the Kazakh SSR, 28 Panfilov’s Guardsmen park, Ascension Cathedral, Memorial of Glory, Green Bazaar, Chocolate factory brand shop
17:30 Hotel drop-off for PRIVATE tours and Ending point drop-off for GROUP tours (click here to see location)
MINI-GROUP TOUR OPTION
✔️ Mini groups of 5-9 tourists
✔️ Perfect for couples and solo travelers
✔️ Visit as much as on private tours and save your budget
✔️ Communicating, sharing fun and making new friends
See how our group tours are usually held
OPTIONS & PRICES
50 USD per person
20 USD per person
+120 USD for a guide/car (up to 3 tourists)
+170 USD for a bigger car (up to 9 tourists)
Adding of the Medeo and Shymbulak Ski resort to the itinerary (tickets not included)
Visiting of the Birds of Prey show at Falcon farm (touristic season only)
+7 USD per person
* Group tour has a maximum of 9 travelers
** Example of calculating the full cost of a tour: if you are three people, then 3 · 20 + 120 = 180 USD
✔️ [PRIVATE tour] Hotel pick-up/drop-off
✔️ [GROUP tour] Starting/ending point pick-up/drop-off (see location here)
✔️ Comfortable & modern vehicle
✔️ ENG/FRA-speaking certified guide
✔️ Lunch in the restaurant of Kazakh national cuisine
✔️ Water 1L
✔️ All taxes and entrance fees
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR
Just fill out the application below or contact us in any convenient way. Our tour manager will reply to you during business hours and assist with the booking.
After receiving an invoice from us, a prepayment (deposit) of 10% is required as a confirmation of the booking on your part. We accept online payments via PayPal payment system. PayPal is a safe and fast way to pay without fees. Debit/credit cards are accepted. After your prepayment, we reserve the tour and send you a booking confirmation. Full payment (cash or PayPal) is required on the day of the booked tour.
- If the tour is cancelled due to force majeure circumstances (flight cancellation, pandemic, disaster, etc.), a full refund is provided.
- If you cancel the tour on your initiative at least a week before the scheduled date, a 50% refund is provided.
- If you cancel the tour on your initiative within a week before the scheduled date, no refund is provided.
- Group tour option requires a minimum number of tourists. If the minimum is not met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.