Almaty city with Medeo & Shymbulak day tour
Route length: Great for your 1st day in Almaty
Best time to travel: all year round
Days of the week: any day except Mondays
- Medeo natural boundary
- Shymbulak ski resort
- Medeo dam
- Kok Tobe park on the hill
- Almaty History Museum
- Monument of Independence
- Monument to Abay
- Kazakhstan Hotel
- Kazakh Academy of Science
- State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater
- Former Government House of the Kazakh SSR
- 28 Panfilov’s Guardsmen park
- Ascension Cathedral
- Memorial of Glory
- Green Bazaar
- Almaty Chocolate factory brand shop
Almaty is rich for different city attractions like historical and cultural objects, museums and parks. When starting your trip to Almaty, it is very important to learn the history of the city and visit significant places that are the hallmark of the city. In this regard, we specially developed for you the Almaty city overview tour, in which we put together the city sights that are most remarkable and important for Almaty and people. The tour involves the excursion in Almaty History Museum, ride through the business and old city center, and visiting the largest mountain skating rink in the world, located at an altitude of 1691 meters above the sea level.
You will go up close to the clouds to Shymbulak ski resort, located in the picturesque gorge of the Trans-Ili Alatau at an altitude of 2260 m above the sea level. Further, the cable car goes even higher to Talgar pass, where a magnificent panorama of Trans-Ili Alatau mountains opens. The excursion continues to the Medeo boundary, where you will visit a dam that protects the city from mudflows, and go down the stairs, which consist of 842 steps, known to city residents as a Health Stairs.
Also, you will go up the cable car to Kok-Tobe Park, which is located right on the top of the mountain of the same name, at an altitude of 1100 m above sea level, where you will enjoy the stunning panorama of Almaty.
Welcome to Almaty and have an exciting tour!
• Not recommended for pregnant women;
• Not recommended for travelers with high/low blood pressure.
09:30 Hotel pick-up
10:00 – 11:30 Сable car from Medeo to Shymbulak ski resort and back, walking, photo shooting
12:00 – 13:00 Cable car to the park on the hill - Kok Tobe, walking, photo shooting
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch in the restaurant of the Kazakh national cuisine
14:00 Almaty city overview:
- Excursion in Almaty History Museum
- Drive through the business and old city center
- Visiting of the Monument of Independence, Monument to Abay, Kazakhstan Hotel, State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater, Former Government House of the Kazakh SSR, 28 Panfilov’s Guardsmen park, Ascension Cathedral, Memorial of Glory, Green Bazaar, Chocolate factory brand shop, Kazakh Academy of Science
18:00 Hotel drop-off
OPTIONS & PRICES
30 USD per person
+120 USD for a guide/car (up to 3 tourists)
+170 USD for a bigger car (up to 9 tourists)
Adding of the Big Almaty Lake to the itinerary
Visiting of the Birds of Prey show at Falcon farm (touristic season only)
+7 USD per person
* Example of calculating the full cost of a tour: if you are two people, then 2 · 30 + 120 = 180 USD
✔️ Hotel pick-up/drop-off
✔️ Comfortable vehicle
✔️ ENG/FRA-speaking certified guide
✔️ Lunch in the restaurant of the Kazakh national cuisine
✔️ Water 1L
✔️ Cable car tickets and entrance fees
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR
Just fill out the application below or contact us in any convenient way. Our tour manager will reply to you during business hours and assist with the booking.
After receiving an invoice from us, a prepayment (deposit) of 10% is required as a confirmation of the booking on your part. We accept online payments via PayPal payment system. PayPal is a safe and fast way to pay without fees. Debit/credit cards are accepted. After your prepayment, we reserve the tour and send you a booking confirmation. Full payment (cash or PayPal) is required on the day of the booked tour.
- If the tour is cancelled due to force majeure circumstances (flight cancellation, pandemic, disaster, etc.), a full refund is provided.
- If you cancel the tour on your initiative at least a week before the scheduled date, a 50% refund is provided.
- If you cancel the tour on your initiative within a week before the scheduled date, no refund is provided.
- Group tour option requires a minimum number of tourists. If the minimum is not met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.