Ethno-village tour (nomadic lifestyle and Kazakh rites show)
Route length: 80 km from Almaty and back
Best time to travel: April - October
Days of the week: any day except Mondays
You will find an informative theatrical show program, which is an acquaintance with the customs and traditions of the Kazakh people in a specially created ethnographic village, located in a picturesque place at the foot of the Trans-Ili Alatau mountains.
In the program, the guests will be acquainted with the structure of the yurt, philosophy and sacred meaning of the yurt for the nomad. The guests will also get acquainted with the life of the Kazakhs: cleaning and whipping wool, making yarn with a spindle, getting flour and talkan in dermen, the rite of laying the child in Besik, the rite of Tusau kesu and Atka Otyrgyzu.
Then you will have a delicious lunch of the national Kazakh dishes.
At the end of the program, you will be given a master class on cooking Baursaks - a traditional flour product of the people of Central Asia.
Watch the video about this place:
Kara Zhorga cheerful dance with tourists from Poland
Review about ethnographic aul in French
- 10:00 Hotel pick-up
- 11:00 Arrival in the ethno-village
Meeting guests with two warriors in battle armor and the Shashu meeting ritual, treating all guests with fried pastry - baursaks
- 11:30 Main performance
- 13:00 Lunch of Kazakh national cuisine
- 14:00 Cooking master-class
- 15:00 Free time (horseback riding, archery, photo session in national costumes, riding on the swings, communication with the animals of the contact zoo)
- 17:00 Hotel drop-off
OPTIONS & PRICES
PRIVATE tour*: 30 USD per person, +120 USD for a guide/car (up to 7 tourists)
*Example of calculating the full cost of a tour: if you are two people, then 2 · 30 + 120 = 180 USD
✔️ Hotel pick-up/drop-off
✔️ Comfortable transportation
✔️ ENG-speaking certified guide
✔️ Lunch of Kazakh national cuisine
✔️ All taxes and entrance fees
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR
Just fill out the application below or contact us in any convenient way. Our tour manager will reply to you during business hours and assist with the booking.
After receiving an invoice from us, a prepayment (deposit) of 10% is required as a confirmation of the booking on your part. We accept online payments via PayPal payment system. PayPal is a safe and fast way to pay without fees. Debit/credit cards are accepted. After your prepayment, we reserve the tour and send you a booking confirmation. Full payment (cash or PayPal) is required on the day of the booked tour.
- If the tour is cancelled due to force majeure circumstances (flight cancellation, pandemic, disaster, etc.), a full refund is provided.
- If you cancel the tour on your initiative at least a week before the scheduled date, a 50% refund is provided.
- If you cancel the tour on your initiative within a week before the scheduled date, no refund is provided.
- Group tour option requires a minimum number of tourists. If the minimum is not met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.